Monday, July 04, 2016

Thai peanut sauce

I finally master my skill on making Thai peanut sauce! I eat it with everything I can put my hands on. It's best with chicken satay( duh!), salad, toasted white bread, rice, fries. You name it! I would like to share the recipe with all my friends and family and please keep me posted and let me know how you like it.   

Ingredients
4 table spoons of peanut butter. I preferred the one with pieces of peanut so it is crunchy and give a nice texture to the sauce. 

6 table spoons of vegetable oil 

1 can of coconut milk

1 teaspoon of salt

4 table spoons of sugar

3 table spoons of massamun curry paste ( you can buy this at Asian grocery store)

4 table spoons of concentrated tamarind  juice ( you can buy tangerine paste and mixed with water to get the juice at Asian grocery store)

Instructions

Heat oil in a pot for 2-3 minutes (low heat)

Add curry paste and stirred for 3-4 minutes until paste is mixed and heated well with oil. (Low heat)

Add coconut milk and stirred for 3-4 minutes. (Low to Medium heat)

Add salt and sugar and stirred to mixed then all well for about 2-3 minutes. (Low to Medium heat)

Add 1-4 cup of water. Mixed well for 2-3 minutes (low to medium heat)

Add peanut butter and mixed well for 5-6 minutes (low to medium heat)

Add tamarind water and mixed well.2-3 minutes.  (Low to Medium heat) 

The sauce is ready to serve when u start seeing red oil hot raise to the top and the sauce start to bubble up. If you want more salt or sugar u can add more as you wish. Enjoy!






No comments: